We are committed to doing the very best design work possible. If we cannot do great work, then we do not see the point. We are committed to our team. We keep a smaller staff than the huge firms that dot the landscape, because our work is personal for us. In large firms bureaucracy often impedes on passion as well as communication. This also allows us to be more selective in our work. We value the creative process and the logical design it leads us to.
Being a comprehensive brand design firm means we wear many hats, and we wear them well. When comprehensively designing a brand, all mediums must be considered and debated. Due to this fact, our designers gain experience in a multitude of medias and mediums. On a given day we may be attacking a corporate identity system, the next day designing a wine label, and the day after that compiling qualitative and quantitative data on social media trends. Brands are fluid, so our designers must be fluent in many visual, verbal and experimental languages.
We are always looking for highly motivated and talented creatives. While we are a small studio, we have been fortunate to be recognized in some of the largest industry publications including Print, Graphis, Communication Arts and HOW Design. We are looking for a versatile designer who is comfortable wearing many hats, and is eager to better their work. This position is for on-site work here in Houston at the studio only. No off-site work will be considered.
• Must have a bachelors degree in design (four year program or equivalent) to be considered
• Must have experience in a studio environment to be considered
• Must be strong in creative / conceptual problem solving
• Must have strong typography skills
• Must be skilled in Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, Bridge, Acrobat and Office
• Must be highly motivated and self sustaining / self managed
• Must be able to work collaboratively & individually
• Must be able to present ideas and directions in a professional and well-versed manner
• Must be able to communicate ideas verbally and be able to inspire others
• Must be comfortable working on both high level creative and executional jobs
• Firm knowledge of web design and usability
We are always seeking a well spoken new business development person, who is comfortable with the sales cycle. This job will entail a great deal of phone work, utilizing an existing prospect list that has been developed and worked for several years.
This person will also be required to attend presentations, follow up with prospects, and identify new companies and opportunities.
This can be a full time or part time position depending on the person’s schedule. The salary will be determined by experience with additional compensation available through a commission structure.
Submit your info
Thanks for your interest to work at Hawkeye. Please fill out this form and send us a message explaining why you think your profile fits our open positions. We look forward to hear from you.